Royal Government of Bhutan adheres strongly to a policy of low volume, high value for people entering Bhutan. Independent travel is not permitted in Bhutan. Valid passports and an entry visa are very much essential. Upon receiving your filled up form, we will process and apply for your Bhutan visa. Upon approval of Bhutan visa, we will send you a copy by e-mail or fax. Your visa will be stamped upon arrival in Bhutan.
Most visitors, including those on official U.S. government business, should obtain visas prior to entering the country.
• Other than Indian, Bangladeshis nationals, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa; all visas are issued from Thimphu.
• Visas are only issued to tourists who booked with a local licensed tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
• Visitor must submit color passport copies for Visa clearance before coming to Bhutan.
• Visa clearance takes at least 10 days to process. Air tickets to Bhutan cannot be purchased without visa clearance.
• At your point of entry the visa will be stamped in your passport.